Deseret UAS Executive Director Dr. Tulinda Larsen will provide training to businesses that are considering hiring a drone company or starting a drone program. Dr. Larsen is both a private pilot and a drone pilot and has been recognized as a leader in the drone industry. She is also an adjunct professor with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. This workshop is based on her book, Six Word Lessons For A Trustworthy Drone Business.
The lessons in this workshop come from Dr. Larsen's experiences starting her own small drone business and conducting 100 interviews with drone operators across the United States to learn what does and doesn’t work.
If your company has decided to hire a drone operator, this workshop will help you understand the best and worst projects for drones, the best drones and sensors for the job, the government regulations, and information to help you work with drone operators.
- Introduction to the growing drone business
- Examples of commercial projects using drones
- Choosing the right drones for projects
- Choosing the right sensors for projects
- Understanding the types of drone service companies
- Understanding important federal and state commercial drone regulations
- Check list for hiring a drone company
- Risk mitigation and insurance
- Expectations for fees and charges
- Defining deliverables including images and data
- Finding a trustworthy drone business